Friday, August 15, 2008

August?

I cannot believe it's already the middle of August! I start school again in less that two weeks...this summer has gone by way too fast. I'm trying to enjoy my last couple weeks of freedom with Kaleb before i return to having no life outside of work and school! I hate busy-ness but it's only for a time, i just need to get through it. I heard that they froze the LVN program's waiting list...which means they aren't accepting anymore applications for a long time! I really hope it's not true, but if it is I will be really sad...it's already going to take me FOREVER to get all of my prereq's done and then to have to wait to even apply! Thats depressing...I really just want to be done with school and be able to just work, but I'm only beginning! Goodbye to nights and weekends off! 

I have been working alot the past couple of weeks...between picking up shifts and one night I worked from 3:30 pm to 5:30 am. I think that gets easier each time you do it I wasn't too tired by the end of it this time. By the time school starts hopefully that will be cut in half. There's no way I could work this much and still have time (& energy) to sit down and study for hours. I don't mind working this much, I kind of like it but not with school. Especially since me and Kaleb are working opposite schedules, he works days, i work evenings...he wakes up early to leave for work, I leave before he gets home, and by the time I get home at 12 or 1 he's already asleep. So 3 or 4 days in a row like that are not fun.

Everything else has been going really well. We've had Kenzie and Bethany over to stay the night a couple of times so far. It's pretty fun, Kaleb has fun going to Toys R Us and buying little cars and animals for Bethany! She has her own stash here at our house so she's always excited to come and play with them. We have been visiting a new church that was started just a couple of months ago and its pretty cool. We really enjoy listening to the pastor and some people that I work with also go there. It's really encouraging to have other Christian coworkers! 

Well, that's all for now I guess. I thought I would give a little update and share some of the stuff that has been going on....

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad I got to hang with you guys for a bit the other night. Bring an autographed picture next time... :o)